Hence every day we pray, and every day God answers. Prayer rolls over from day to day, hence 1 Church 1 Day.
In Phase I, the National Day of Prayer is connected to the Global Day of Prayer through 24/7 prayer. The goal is to find one church in a city, county, state or nation who will be willing to cover one day with 24/7 prayer. If there is 31 days between NDP and GDOP then the goal is to find 31 churches each willing to take one day and cover it with 24/7 prayer. In addition, we also use this time to connect leaders from all 7 spheres of society in order to form a Transformation Task Force. We want to be wise stewards of our efforts and not only pray for national and international prayer targets, but we also want to use this time to pray specifically for our own state, county, city and church as well. The goal is to use this event to:
Harness the momentum from NDP and GDOP to launch on-going 24/7 prayer which supports long term transformation through the presentation of the gospel of the kingdom of Jesus Christ.
Washington state has served as a prototype for this strategy. By May of 2007 we had enough churches in my state praying at least one day each month so that our whole state was covered with 24/7 prayer. But the goal is to keep driving responsibility down to the lowest level. Hence the next goal was to encourage churches in each county and city to follow suit. All it requires is 31 churches each taking one day per month or seven churches each taking one day per week or some combination thereof. Using this strategy, Whatcom County then covered their county with 24/7 prayer as well. The results were amazing. Crime decreased, the economy prospered and remarkable church growth occurred in a number of churches.
In Phase II, we seek to maintain the momentum started in Phase I. In Phase II, we ask each church if they would agree to continue to cover their one day each month with 24/7 prayer. The goal is to help each city (county, province, state, region, network, or nation) do their part to restore David's fallen tabernacle through establishing on-going 24/7 prayer all year long and to connect the leaders from all 7 spheres of society (church, business, government, media, education, healthcare and the family) who are passionate about transforming their local area.
Hence we begin the process by joining the national and international body of Christ to "pray globally" while simultaneously turning the local Church's attention to transformation by "connecting locally."
1 Church 1 Day is the strategy that harnesses the momentum from NDP and GDOP to launch 24/7 prayer and assemble the elders at the city, county or state gates.
Why Should You Participate in 1 Church 1 Day?
1 Church 1 Day:
- Supports and Increases the number of NDP, GDOP and Prayer Week events. (Increased NDP events by 300% and GDOP events by 600% in 4 years in Washington)
- Increases the volume of prayer (Deut. 32:30 - 1 puts a 1000 to flight and 2 puts 10,000 to flight) during this time thereby magnifying the effectiveness of corporate prayer for national and international prayer targets.
- Provides a practical way to capture the momentum from these annual events to turn prayer from an event into a long term local campaign of 24/7 prayer thereby welcoming God to a church, city or region (Psalm 22:3).
- Helps identify other local churches, ministries, and Christians passionate about prayer and transforming a common city, county or region.
- Unites the body of Christ around the highest common denominator (Jesus Christ) and doing what the Word says to do.
- Unites the body of Christ through a common vision (transformation) based upon passion for a common geography (city, county, region, state, nation, etc...).
- Most churches are too small to establish 24/7/365 prayer. But if we cooperate (each church takes responsibility for at least one day) then 24/7/365 prayer can be established quickly and no one is overburdened.
- Provides a way to connect local leaders and establish 24/7 prayer in a city. These are the first two steps that King David took when he established the kingdom.
- Turns prayer from an event into a long term campaign.
- Drives responsibility and authority down to the lowest level possible.
- Provides a strategy, tools and training to help form city and regional networks.
- Provides a strategy, tools and training to connect local churches to their city, county, region, state, nation and the international body of Christ.
You can find out more about Tim Taylor and the global ministry of 1 Church 1 Day by visiting 1Church1Day.org.